Pike County Animal Advocates

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Needy Family Saved!

I take my kids to school every morning in Zebulon. I pass by several houses who always have mangey, sick dogs and usually lots of puppies in their yard. The litter I posted previously came from one of these houses. Here is another story of a mama dog desperately trying to care for her 3 babies in a stranger's yard.
Sally was a shy Labrador mix suffering from sarcoptic mange. She spent her days sitting in the yard, scratching, scratching, scratching... Then she became pregnant and delivered several puppies. I first saw her leading 6 or 7 of them across the road. Every day the number of puppies became less and less as they succumbed to traffic. I finally stopped and asked the woman who lived at the house if I could help. She begged me to take the dogs. She told me that people were constantly dropping dogs off there. I took pics of Sally and her babies and rushed home to post their pictures to the internet dog rescue world. Within hours, I had an offer from a group in the Northeast who would take them. I went and picked the family up and took them to the vet where they were diagnosed and started on treatment. I kept them safe at my home until they found a ride to their rescue where they were healed in mind and body and found wonderful forever homes.
Here are BEFORE and AFTER pics of this LUCKY family:














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home